When selecting commercial roofing contractors, Utah, one of the most important things to consider is their certification. With a certified contractor, you can be confident you will have the highest skilled and experienced team working on your roofing project.
In your search for a contractor, you will come across titles such as “Select Shingle Master” and “Master Elite.” Both are highly coveted manufacturer certifications awarded to select contractors by industry-leading manufacturers, including GAF, CertainTeed, and TAMKO.
These manufacturers recognize the quality of workmanship that goes into roof installations will directly impact the performance of their products.
The manufacturers will select contractors that meet their strict standards and award them certification.
Why It Matters
As a commercial property owner, you have every reason to narrow down your search to manufacturer-certified commercial roofing contractors, Utah. The advantages include:
- Guarantee that your roof inspections utah and roofing installation and repairs will be done to the strict quality standards set by the manufacturer. You need not worry about premature product failure and other related roofing problems such as leaks.
- Access to professional advice on the best roofing solutions. The contractor is conversant with the manufacturer’s offerings and can tell you the latest and best solutions that are just right for your commercial property.
- You can add lifetime extended warranty coverage. Manufacturers only offer this coverage through their selected certified contractors, who have proven their installation expertise.
Manufacturer certification for commercial roofing contractors, Utah is awarded after a strict vetting and approval process. The contractor must:
- Meet all the licensing and insurance requirements, as set out by the state. The roofing company should prove itself to be one that upholds good business practices in all areas.
- Demonstrate to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the manufacturers’ products and what qualifies as the best installation practices for the manufacturer.
- Have a history or proven track record of delivering excellent workmanship backed with great customer service.
The certification programs are generally an invite-only affair. This means that roofing companies utah will not just decide to apply for the certification at any time.
After applying for the certification, the manufacturer tests the contractor’s knowledge of their products and best installation practices. The manufacturer will also verify your business practices. The material manufacturer will also inspect a percentage of your total installations in order to certify the quality of your workmanship.
A good number of your installers need to be certified as master shinglers. They will need to be recertified every two years.
What to Look For
There are several certifications for commercial roofing contractors, Utah. The two most important among these certifications are the Duro-last certification and the Johns Manville certification.
Getting Duro-last certification starts with making your application and a credit check. Duro-last will verify you meet the state’s licensing and insurance requirements. A team from Duro-last will come to your business and train your roofing crew on the Duro-last, followed by some on-site training. Duro-last will inspect your roof installations and grade you.
Commercial roofing contractors, Utah that score 95% on all their roofs earn the master-elite award. Bob Harvey Roofing has consistently won this award every year, speaking to the expertise you can expect when you engage us in your roofing projects.
Getting the John Manville certification follows the same process. Contractors benefit from comprehensive hands-on training. The manufacturer awards certification after the training and inspecting completed roof installations.
If you are looking for manufacturer-certified commercial roofing contractors, Utah, Bob Harvey Roofing is here for you. You can look forward to unmatched expertise and experience on your next roofing project.